Students get Australian Visas to attend their dream schools and colleges…but what after they graduate? In most unfortunate cases, they do not get their preferred jobs in Australia and have to go back to their respective countries. But, a temporary graduate visa 485 can come in handy if a short working experience in Australia is what you are looking for. A temporary graduate visa lets graduates work in Australia for 2-4 years and gain some experience in their desired field. Once the term period of their visa 485 ends, those graduates can move back to their countries or choose the other paths that let them get Australian citizenship via a temporary graduate visa 485.
Now, you might be curious as to how one gets a temporary Australian visa, right? Fortunately, you are in the right place to know everything about the 485 Visa and how you can secure one for yourself. Today, we will talk about:
- What is a Temporary Graduate Visa?
- How to Apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa?
- 485 Visa to PR (Permanent Residency)
So, fasten your seat belts and enjoy this short but fruitful Australian Visa journey with ISEMS.
What is a Temporary Graduate Visa?
The Temporary Graduate Visa, also known as the 485 Visa or Graduate Visa, is a temporary option for international students who recently finished their studies in Australia. This visa lets you stay in the country for 2 to 4 years, depending on your qualifications, allowing you to live, work, and study.
There are two streams under this visa: the Post-Study Work stream, where you can work in any field, and the Graduate Work stream, where you choose a job from a specific government list of skilled occupations. With the Post-Study Work stream, graduates have the freedom to explore diverse employment options across various sectors. On the other hand, the Graduate Work stream caters to those with specific skills by offering a curated list of occupations to choose from.
The Temporary Graduate Visa 485 thus stands as a valuable pathway, allowing international graduates to shape their post-study experiences. Whether you want to gain work experience in any field or focus on a specific skilled occupation, the Temporary Graduate Visa 485 provides flexibility for international graduates in Australia.
How to Apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa 485?
Getting a temporary graduate visa in Australia is easy when you have the right connections. With the right contacts, like ISEMS, it’s a breeze. ISEMS has helped many people shine in Australia by offering expert services in educational advice and assisting with visa applications. If you’re thinking about a temporary graduate visa, ISEMS is here to help. Applying for a temporary graduate visa 485 is simple with us – just get in touch, and we’ll take care of all the paperwork. You can focus on your studies and work, and we’ll handle the rest. It’s that straightforward.
485 Visa to PR: A Rewarding Transition for You
The process from a Temporary Graduate Visa (485 Visa) to a Permanent Residency (PR) in Australia is a pathway many international graduates consider for a long-term stay. The Temporary Graduate Visa 485 provides an opportunity for recent graduates to work and gain experience in Australia. After completing the 485 Visa term, individuals may explore options to transition to Permanent Residency.
One common route is through employer sponsorship. If a graduate secures a job and the employer is willing to sponsor, they may be eligible for certain employer-sponsored visas that could lead to PR. This often involves demonstrating skills and qualifications relevant to the job.
Another pathway is the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program. By meeting the criteria for skilled migration, graduates may be eligible to apply for independent skilled visas or state/territory-sponsored visas. These visas are points-tested, considering factors like age, English proficiency, work experience, and qualifications.
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) is another avenue. If a graduate secures a job in a regional area and the employer is willing to sponsor, they might qualify for RSMS, which can eventually lead to PR.
It’s crucial for individuals on the Temporary Graduate Visa 485 to stay informed about the latest immigration policies and explore the most suitable PR pathway based on their circumstances. Seeking advice from migration professionals can also be helpful to navigate the process smoothly.
An Overview of the Temporary Graduate Visa
What is the 485 Visa?
- The Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485), also known as Visa 485 or Graduate Visa, is a temporary visa for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian institution.
- It allows you to stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years, depending on your qualifications, to live, work, and study.
- There are two streams:
- Post-Study Work stream: You can work in any field with this stream.
- Graduate Work stream: You need to choose a job from a specific government list of skilled occupations in this stream.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485 Eligibility Criteria
- You must be under 50 years old.
- You must have held a Student visa (subclass 500) within the last 6 months.
- You must have completed a qualifying Australian qualification recognised by the Department of Home Affairs.
- You must meet specific health and character requirements.
- You may need to apply for a skills assessment if you choose the Graduate Work stream.
- You must have valid health insurance.
Benefits of the 485 Visa
- Gain valuable Australian work experience to boost your resume.
- Transition smoothly from student life to professional life in Australia.
- Potentially qualify for permanent residency in the future.
- Explore and enjoy Australia beyond your student years.
Things to remember:
- It is a temporary visa, not a permanent resident visa.
- You cannot apply from outside Australia.
- There are application fees and processing times.
- Certain conditions and limitations may apply depending on your specific circumstances.
For more details, click here.
So, this is everything you need to know about a temporary graduate visa, how to apply for it, and the eligibility criteria for a 485 visa. It can be the best choice for anyone studying in Australia and willing to continue their career abroad. Now that you know everything about such a convenient option, why not try your luck with ISEMS? We promise to be the best help you can count on to make a career in Australia, as a student and even as a resident, whatever you want it to be.